Saturday, May 25, 2013

New Shocks! RS is rejuvenated!

Yesterday I decided to finally change out my shocks, as you all can see my old shocks on one of my old links. I went to the hobby shop, and I disassembled the shocks out.





All this took me about an hour to finally take out my old shocks. I was excited to just put them in. Too bad I wasn't able to take pics of the shocks and springs in the box.

So here are the old shocks with the springs compressors on them. Finally gone! 

So after taking about two hours taking off the spring compressors on the springs and disassembling the old shocks to get the Mounts, Shock Collars, and steel cup. 

Next step was to assemble my sweeeeeeeet new shocks! Except I made a huge mistake. After assembling the shocks I realized after I installed the new shocks on the vehicle and dropped the weight of the vehicle the shocks went up above and out of the port. So I forgot to put in the steel cup, good news is that the bushings aren't damaged as well as the polished rod. I am happy everything is ok!

After another 3 more hours of gruesome dis assembly  and reassembly. Here are the final pictures of the shocks installed. Also I little mod I did was used hardened washers in place of the cups for the rear shocks. The rear shocks cups were damaged pretty bad and is not reusable.




Tomorrow my wife and I will test drive the RS all the way to VA, wish us luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment