Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Hey everyone! Today I complete a great upgrade! I was so excited when I got in the mail yesterday. So As previously stated, I purchased an AEM Short RAM Air Intake Filter. So going through the motions.




BEFORE:



So I started off taking the old air filter system off. and clean the inside of the throttle body. It wasn't too difficult, just loosen the screws on the hose clamps.

Old Filter

The crappy filter is gone! YEAH!

See the inside of the throttle body is nice and clean!

AFTER:

Placed the connector hose on the throttle body with the hose clamps, then inserted the intake body with filter. Then I mounted the entire system onto the valve cover. After mounting it to the valve cover, then I tightened all bolts and screws into place.

Side View

Finished

It was an easy install, very simple. I let the vehicle sit on idle for 3 min as instructed by the installation instructions. Drove my car for about an hour, and you can definitely feel the difference with the old and new intake. The RS picked up faster and it was a lot more responsive with the throttle. I am very happy with this upgrade and cannot wait to see if it holds up over time.







No comments:

Post a Comment