Tuesday, May 7, 2013

My newest project!

On March 23, 2013 I purchased a 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS that has about 63k original miles on the vehicle. To my excitement, it was in great condition for a 14 year old car. So at first, I felt like maybe this a bad idea. So in the end i decided to give this car a shot.










So far everything that I have completed, has been just the tip of the iceberg. I have already done some restorations on the vehicle, just some rubbing compounds, interior work, new door handle and new struts for the Hatch. 

The past few weeks have been really time consuming learning how this engine works etc etc etc. So far I have done a few things, and here they are.

One critical job I had to do was change the Valve Cover Gasket. So after much deliberation I went with an aftermarket Fel Pro Valve Cover Gasket and used the red RTV sealant on my car. 

You can see the Red RTV Maker on the outside ensuring that this won't happen again.

Then I installed new brake rotors and brake pads. Actually was not too hard at all.

Lastly I installed a new MSD Ignition Coil pack as well as new MSD Ignition Wire Set.

So far those are what have been completed on the vehicle. Sadly I still need to do a full inspection and scrub down to see whats going anywhere else in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment