Sunday, May 19, 2013

Breather Tube Filter

So I have been looking around at other 420A Engines and seeing what everyone does differently. I saw this one engine all blued out with spray paint, and saw this weird filter coming off the breather tube on the Valve Cover. So I did my research, what I found was that installing a filter on the breather tube, allows air to directly go where it needs to. In addition, it also keeps any oil from escaping the tube and going into your Air Intake tube. So I weighed the risk with the benefits. So I went ahead and purchased the necessary equipment.

First you need a Filter small enough to go onto the Breather tube.
This Breather tube filter that fits a 3/8" to 1/2" Tube


Next you need to find something to cap your breather nipple on the Intake
These fit up to a 3/8" tube, and they are made to create the necessary vacuum.


Installation was pretty easy, all I did was find the tube connecting the air intake nipple to the valve cover breather tube.



Loosen the hose clamps, and remove the hose from both ends. Also if you have your sensor mount in the way, your going to have to find a new place for it or remove it entirely. Next just install the filter, by slipping it over the tube all the way and clamp it down with the hose clamp. Next slip one of the vacuum caps over the intake nipple and if you have an extra hose clamp for "security" do so. Lastly make sure the screws are tight and let your vehicle idle for 3 min. 

Here is the finished mod.



Here is what my 420A Engine Looks like now

No comments:

Post a Comment